Diffstat (limited to 'doc/syslinux.txt')
1 files changed, 12 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/doc/syslinux.txt b/doc/syslinux.txt
index 76cae245..51d1332c 100644
@@ -163,11 +163,10 @@ IPAPPEND flag_val [PXELINUX only]
... based on the input from the DHCP/BOOTP or PXE boot server.
- THE USE OF THIS OPTION IS NOT RECOMMENDED. If you have to use
- it, it is probably an indication that your network configuration
- is broken. Using just "ip=dhcp" on the kernel command line
- is a preferrable option, or, better yet, run dhcpcd/dhclient,
- from an initrd if necessary.
+ NOTE: The use of this option is no substitute for running a
+ DHCP client in the booted system. Without regular renewals,
+ the lease acquired by the PXE BIOS will expire, making the
+ IP address available for reuse by the DHCP server.
2: indicates that an option of the following format
should be generated and added to the kernel command line:
@@ -180,6 +179,14 @@ IPAPPEND flag_val [PXELINUX only]
This allows an initrd program to determine from which
interface the system booted.
+ 4: indicates that an option of the following format
+ should be generated and added to the kernel command line:
+ SYSUUID=<system uuid>
+ ... in lower case hexadecimal in the format normally used for
+ UUIDs (same as for the configuration file; see pxelinux.txt.)